We are seeking veterans from within our co-op family to nominate for a No Barriers USA Expedition or Summit experience to be fully paid by CoBank.
We are a member of CoBank, a co-op bank serving industries across rural America. CoBank has partnered with NoBarriers USA to sponsor 50 qualified veterans nominated by its membership in 2019. We are honored to be able to nominate veterans from among our membership.
The 2019 No Barriers Experiences include a Summit in Lake Tahoe, California in June and 5-day Colorado expeditions in July & August that include rafting, rock climbing and trekking activities designed to accomodate veterans with disabilities.
Is a No Barriers USA Expedition for you?
- Are you a combat or training-wounded veteran from any branch of the U.S. armed forces?
- Do you suffer from a service-related disability, whether visible or invisible (i.e., PTSD)?
- Do you have a VA disability rating?
- Are you interested in challenging limitations and overcoming obstacles?
- Are you a member/immediate family of a mem-ber in good standing at Menard Electric Co-op?
Interested? Contact Alisha Anker at 800-872-1203 or email@example.com by April 10, 2019
Last year Menard Electric Cooperative nominated Vietnam War army veteran Tom Miller participated in a 5-day adventure with 12 other veterans at the No Barriers Mountain Campus in the Red Feather Lakes region of Colorado.
Upon his return last year he said: “I am so glad I did this. It was the best experience I’ve had in a heck of a long time, maybe ever. The guys who were there were just amazing. I didn’t know any of them before I got there but we hit it off right away. That’s the way veterans do, they are just like brothers once they get together.”
Photo by Tom Miller