Thomas H Moore Illinois Electric Cooperative (IEC) Memorial Scholarship Program
2023 Scholarships - APPLY ONLINE NOW
This program is administered by the Association of Illinois Electric Cooperatives and awards 14 scholarships to high school seniors throughout Illinois
- Nine $2,000 scholarships to children of electric cooperative members receiving service from an Illinois electric cooperative.
- One $2,000 scholarship to the child of an Illinois electric cooperative employee.
- Four $2,000 scholarships to children of Illinois electric cooperative members or employees, who are enrolling full-time in a 2-year community college.
Please read the guidelines carefully before filling out the online application. Applications are available now, submissions are due December 31, 2022, and winners are announced in May 2023.
Lavern and Nola McEntire Lineworker's Scholarship
2023 Scholarship - APPLY ONLINE NOW
One $2,000 scholarship to the lineworker school conducted by the Association of Illinois Electric Cooperatives in conjunction with Lincoln Land Community College in Springfield, Ill. Applicants must be sons or daughters of Illinois cooperative members, relatives of Illinois cooperative employees or directors, individuals enrolled in Lincoln Land's lineworker school, or individuals who have served or are serving in the armed forces or National Guard.
Please read guidelines carefully. Applications are available now, submissions are due April 30, 2022, and winners are announced in July 2023.
Youth to Washington Scholarship Program
THE MARCH 1, 2022 DEADLINE HAS NOW PASSED. Please look for 2023 scholarship applications to be available early next year.
This program awards three cash scholarships to local high school seniors.
- $1,000 scholarship to a 4-year college or university
- $500 scholarship to a 2-year community college
- $500 scholarship to an accredited technical school
- One of the above winners will also be awarded an all expenses paid pass on the Youth to Washington Tour*
General requirements: Applicant must be a high school senior or equivalent; parent/legal guardian must be a Menard Electric Cooperative member with their primary residence or business served by the cooperative.
*On the Youth to Washington Tour more than 60 students from Illinois travel together to spend a week in Washington, D.C. and meet Illinois Congressmen, Senators and their staffs, tour historical sites, receive information on career paths, learn about co-ops, make lifelong friends, and meet students from across the U.S. It is truly a remarkable trip sponsored for more than 50 years by U.S. electric and telephone co-ops. Past participants have visited such places as Gettysburg; Arlington National Cemetery; White House; U.S. Capitol Building; Washington Monument; the Newseum; Holocaust and Smithsonian Museums; and the Iwo Jima, Lincoln, Jefferson, Korean War, Vietnam War, World War II, U.S. Marine Corps and Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorials. See more details at the Illinois Youth to Washington Tour website.