Director Nominating Petitions are due Monday, April 20, 2020
Petitions are available now at our office for Directors in Districts 3, 7 and 8 on the Board of Directors of Menard Electric Cooperative. Petitions must be signed by no less than 10 members and must be received in the co-op’s office by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, April 20, 2020.
One co-op member will be elected from each district to serve a three-year term at this year’s Annual Meeting Thursday, June 4, 2020.
Seeking re-election are incumbent directors Jodine Tate, District 3; Mike Patrick, District 7; Warren Goetsch, District 8. See a map of Districts here.
Stop by the office to pick up a petition
Below are a few details about Directors and you can find more in our Bylaws Book
- Establish policies and employ a General Manager who is responsible for all operational details of the co-op.
- Be a member in good standing, have their primary residence within the geographical boundary of the district, and not have conflicting business interests. (They pay the same rates for service and follow the same policies as all other members.)
- Be able to spend adequate time on board work and attend most regular board meetings usually held the fourth Tuesday evening of each month for several hours at the co-op office.
- Attend our annual meeting each year and other special board meetings, committee meetings, director’s conferences and educational seminars as necessary.
- Be accessible to members within the district and willing to represent all members of the co-op.
- Acquire knowledge about the electric utility including finances, management and public issues. (It takes time to learn the system and for that reason our directors have made long-term commitments to serving the co-op.)