You'll see our outage map and can select the Report Outage tab on the right side of the page.
Download our MyMEC App to stay connected with us during outages. You can report outages from your phone or tablet, receive confirmation and updates, view an outage map, and more! Visit the Google Play (Android) or App Store (iOS) and search for Menard Outage.
Click here for instructions on setting up your account in the app.
Call 217-632-7746 or 800-872-1203
Please do not report outages by email or Facebook.
Even if you are not receiving power, the lines to your home could be energized. Contact us if you see downed wires.
- Unsure if your home is receiving power? If you don’t see numbers on your meter display, you are not receiving power. If you are receiving power from the co-op the problem could be with your circuit breakers or your line from the meter to your home.
- Use a standby generator? You must use a transfer safety switch or connect appliance(s) directly to the generator.
- Never use a charcoal or gas grill to cook indoors and never use outdoor heaters indoors - carbon monoxide can build up in your home and become deadly.
- The FDA Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition offers tips on food safety after a long outage.
- See more safety tips at Safe Electricity.org
How We Restore Power
- When we get an outage report, our linemen start rolling out.
- Our 18 substations will be checked, and repaired if needed, first. The substations receive power from our providers, Ameren and Prairie Power Inc., and transfer that power to our lines.
- We have over 2,590 miles of lines. First we'll ensure our 3-phase lines leading out of the substations are ok.
- Next we'll repair lines that provide power to large groups of members.
- Then we'll send linemen back through to work on individual lines and individual outages.
- If you see one of our trucks pass by your house rest assured they aren't ignoring you, they are simply trying to restore power to the greatest number of members at a time by working on our largest lines. If your outage is caused by problems to your individual line, crews will return to your home as soon as possible.
- If you are on life-support please be sure you have an alternate power source such as a standby generator.