Director Petitions Available - Due April 30th
Director Nominating Petitions Available Now
Due April 30, 2018
Petitions are available now at the office for directors in Districts 2, 5 & 9 on the Board of Directors. See a Map of Districts here
Petitions must be signed by no less than 10 members and must be received in the co-op’s office by 4:30 p.m. on April 30, 2018.
One co-op member will be elected from each district to serve a three-year term at this year’s annual meeting Thursday, June 14, 2018.
Seeking re-election are incumbent directors Gary Martin of Alexander, District 2; Jay Frye of Easton, District 5; and Don McMillan of Williamsville, District 9.
Below are a few details about directors and you can find more in our Bylaw Book.
Stop by the office to pick up a petition.
- Establish policies and employ a General Manager who is responsible for all operational details of the co-op.
- Receive electric service from the co-op at their primary residence within the district, be a member in good standing, and not have conflicting business interests. (They pay the same rates for service and follow the same policies as all other members.)
- Be able to spend adequate time on board work and attend most regular board meetings held the fourth Tuesday evening of each month for several hours at the co-op office.
- Attend our annual meeting each year and other special board meetings, committee meetings, director’s conferences and educational seminars as necessary.
- Be accessible to members within the district and willing to represent all members of the co-op.
- Acquire knowledge about the electric utility including finances, management and public issues. (It takes time to learn the system and for that reason our directors have made long-term commitments to serving the co-op.)